5th KHAN – BLUE PRAJIT
- Attacking and defensive footwork during shadow boxing
- Crocodile tail kick
- Rear back kick (Deer looks back)
- Teep to face
- Teep to thighs
- Pushing knee
- Pad combinations 1 to 20
- Figure 4 block to defend punches
- Catch round kick and take down
- Catch Teep and take down
- High kick defence (3 point block)
- 2 x elbows from clinch
- Push jaw to break advantage grip
- Escape from under hooks, step to side and knee
Wai Kru/Ram Muay
- Approaching ring rites
- Sealing of the ring ceremony
- Wai Kru
- Seated Ram Muay
- 5 x 2 minute rounds of sparring to include clinch work
Cardio Drills/Exercise will be judged against the following:
- Continual quality of technique during the drill
- Time taken to complete (estimated time will be placed against each task)
Each student has a month to decide when they wish to take the cardio challenge (NOTE: Each challenge can be taken on a separate occasion)
- 10 x Jab, Cross, Kick Drill (estimated time 7mins)
- 5’s (estimated time 6mins)
Answer or Demonstrate:
- Wrap another person’s hands for training
- What is the Thai name for grading band and what are they used for?
- What is Thai for 100, 1000, 10000 and 1000000
- What is the ancient art of Thai massage in Thai?
- What is the Thai name for the boxers liniment used in fighter massage?
- What is the name for the Thai New Year?
- How many judges are there in a professional Muay Thai bout?
You will be marked on your pad holding proficiency for the basic techniques/combos in this Khan syllabus