4th KHAN – GREEN PRAJIT
- Cross stich movement
- Jumping Knee
- Jumping Teep
- Spinning Back Eblow
- Spinning Back Fist
- Side Teep
- Open Guard (Check) and Strike
- Pad Combinations 1 – 15
- Guard defence against straight punches and hooks and uppercuts
- Mon Yan Lak – push kick defence from round kicks and punches
- (partner with belly pad)
- Catch round kick by cupping under elbow and riposte
- Escape advantage grip or defence against clinch entry by arm across face, side step to control head and knee
- Escape advantage grip to underhooks using hip control
- Escape advantage grip or defence against clinch entry to rear mount and knee
- Inside and outside knee bars
Wai Kru/Ram Muay
- Approaching the ring rites
- Sealing of the ring ceremony
- Wai Kru
- 3 x 3 minute rounds of sparring to include clinch work
Cardio Drills/Exercise will be judged against the following:
- Continual quality of technique during the drill
- Time taken to complete (estimated time will be placed against each task)
Each student has a month to decide when they wish to take the cardio challenge (NOTE: Each challenge can be taken on a separate occasion)
- 10 x Jab, Cross, Kick Drill (estimated time 8mins)
- 5 x 3mins on the Pads
Answer or Demonstrate:
- Name the legendary Thai Nak Muay famous for defeating 10 Burmese in competition during captivity
- Count to 50 in Thai
- What protective equipment is compulsory in full rules professional Muay Thai?
- Name 3 UK Muay Thai camps
- What is the main religion of Thailand?
- What is the currency of Thailand?
- Name the ceremonial head band worn by the Nak Muay and what is it for?
- What are the ancient ancestor arts of Muay Thai called?
- Translate Mae Mai & Luk Mai
You will be marked on your pad holding proficiency for the basic techniques/combos in this Khan syllabus