1st KHAN – WHITE PRAJIT
- Guard and Stance
- Forward and Backward Movement
- Round Kicks
- Push Kicks (Teep)
- Jab and Cross
- Upper Cuts
- Side Elbows
- Forward Knees
- Combinations 1 – 3
- Knee Blocks (against round kicks)
- Guard defence against straight punches
- Parry from front and rear teeps
- Standard tie up, advantage grip and underhooks
- Moving Opponent to left, right, forwards and backwards while in advantage grip
- 3 x 1 minute rounds of Muay Thai sparring. (Technical, Steady Pace, light contact)
Cardio Drills/Exercise will be judged against the following:
- Continual quality of technique during the drill
- Time taken to complete (estimated time will be placed against each task)
Each student has a month to decide when they wish to take the cardio challenge (NOTE: Each challenge can be taken on a separate occasion)
- 10 x 10’s (estimated time 8mins)
- 1 x min repeat kicks each leg, Minimum 30 kicks each leg
Answer or Demonstrate:
- What is the correct name of our school in Thai?
- What is the correct name of our school in English?
- Demonstrate the wai position when paying respect to a teacher
- Say hello in Thai
- Say thank you in Thai
- What does Muay Thai translate to?
- Count to 10 in Thai
You will be marked on your pad holding proficiency for the basic techniques/combos in this Khan syllabus.